Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Counterattack

Counterattack:  An attack made in response to or in defense against an attack made by another.
Webster.

Ever hear a Jingle that you can't get out of your head?  A commercial on TV, or perhaps an old song heard in the store or a restaurant, that once heard, you hum all day long?
Drives me slowly insane, and my husband knows it.  From time to time, he will purposely hum a Jingle from a commercial on TV knowing that I will end up humming it throughout the day.  And each time I catch myself, I say, "UGH!"  And then he laughs, the Rat!  (Ha)
But I learned how to counterattack.
When I hear a Jingle, I've been ensnared in from the past, I begin to sing a Hymn.  It's my new countermeasure.  

Jesus did the same thing when He was under attack from Satan in the desert.
With each attack, came a counterattack by quoting the Word of God.

But he answered and said, It is written...Matthew 4:4a
Jesus said unto him, It is written again,...Matthew 4:7a
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written...Matthew 4:10a

The next time you are under attack...
        Counterattack from the Word of God...
            Victory is sure!
                But that's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment