Thursday, October 8, 2026

Living Out My Faith

 "For by grace are ye saved through faith;" Ephesians 2:8a

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Sometimes our faith is just mechanical prayers. Sometimes our faith is just quoting favorite verses in time of need.  But when was the last time we actually lived out our faith?
My pastor said something the other night as he was preaching and the Holy Spirit smote my heart.  He reminded me that, yes, we are saved by faith, but do we live it out? I had to be honest with myself; I don't.

It's easy to encourage others to live by faith, but it's not so easy to do ourselves.

My son and his family have been visiting us this week, and before they arrived, I determined in my heart that I was not going to allow my chronic illness to keep me on the sidelines of activity.  I was going to step out in faith and live out my faith.  How did I do it?  I trusted in a promise of God.  Instead of just quoting 2 Corinthians, I claimed it; I allowed His strength to be made perfect in weakness and I allowed the power of Christ to rest upon me.  It was life-changing!  When I stepped out in faith, trusting in what God said He would do, He kept His promise.  The result?  My faith grew.  My trust grew.  So, I did it again the next day, and guess what?  God kept His promise and my faith grew even more!

Today is a new day.  I am determined to step out in faith, claim a promise of God and then LIVE IT!  

Friend, put action behind your faith...
    and live faith...
        it will change your life...
            But that's just me!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment