"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
I have a friend right now who is getting all of her 'ducks in a row.' Putting things in order for the 'just in case.' It's hard to try to figure out the future when we are still trying to figure out what we need to do today.
Sometimes, when I read a book, the middle of the story begins to get intense. I don't like intense, so I will read the last few pages in the book, just so I know that everything works out OK and to my liking. lol. (I'm not going to read a book that doesn't end the way I want it to; I believe in Happily Ever After.)
But real life is different.
Things are going great and then WHAM! From out of the blue something enters our lives that rocks our boat and shifts the solid ground we are standing on.
But if you are a child of God, then you already know the end of the story: Jesus wins, and one day we will be in heaven with Him forever.
If you could know what tomorrow holds, would you want to know?
I don't think I would. I think it would ruin my 'today.'
God is already in our tomorrow, and the next day and the next day after that, and He has promised to go before us in all things. Isn't it nice to walk into the unknown and have our Saviour already there with His arms wide open for us letting us know that everything is going to be OK and that we are not alone? I take comfort in that. God sustains us in all things. He never fails.
No matter how my life or your life may be right now...
we can still rest in the fact that we know the end of the story...
But that's just me!
No comments:
Post a Comment