Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Scan For Viruses

I was on my computer this morning when all of a sudden, my Norton Antivirus Program popped up on the screen:  "SCAN FOR VIRUSES."

I was thinking how wonderful technology is to be able to tell me when something is infecting my computer in a negative way, that will hinder its performance.  Wouldn't it be great if we had something like that to pop up to warn us that we are about to sin, or that we are harboring sin?  Wouldn't it be great if something would flash before our eyes that would say, "SCAN FOR SIN!"

Oh, wait.  We do.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."  Psalm 139:23,24

And it's not 'something,' it's 'Someone.'  We have the indwelling Holy Spirit of God that will send out red flags when we are about to do something that would hinder our performance, that would cause us to sin, that would reflect a poor testimony on our Lord and Saviour.  We have a still, small voice that whispers to us, (1 Kings 19:12b) a voice that says, " This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left." (Isaiah 30:21)
The Indwelling Holy Spirit of God will reprove us, and convict us when we sin.  He will guide us, comfort us and show us things to come.  (John 16:7-15)

I heeded the warning from Norton this morning and scanned my computer and cleaned my files.
Did I heed the warning from the Holy Spirit when He told me my heart had some needed cleaning as well?
Or did I grieve the Holy Spirit of God by disregarding His Voice?
My actions will reflect what path I choose.  If I neglect His warning, I will soon crash and not be useable.
If I choose to read my bible, pray and ask God to reveal the sin in my heart that is hindering my Christian performance, He will forgive me of my sin and cleanse me so that I can go on glorifying my Lord.  (1 John 1:9)

What about you?
Have you scanned for any heart viruses lately?  Or have you crashed in your Christian walk?

Ask God to scan your heart...
    He will...
        But that's just me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment