Thursday, June 6, 2024

Necklaces

" Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man."
Proverbs 3:3-4

I used to work in a Clothing Retail Store that is known for its animal prints and large jewelry.  (Both favorites of mine.)  From time to time, I will wear a necklace from my past employment days, and my husband will smile and say, "Going chunky today, huh?"  I just smile and laugh.

Today I read about other pieces of jewelry that are to be worn by all of God's children:  mercy and truth.
A necklace to be put on daily.  We are told to 'bind them about thy neck.'  They are to be worn like your most beautiful accessory.  Ornaments of grace that are kept close to the heart.  
Things that are the closest to our hearts reflect outward to others, and upward to God.
Our reward?  Favour and good understanding, not only in the sight of God, but man.

I couldn't help but think of Proverbs 16:6-
"When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him."
If we find ourselves at odds with others, maybe we aren't wearing mercy and truth?

Is your mercy and truth visible like chunky jewelry...?
    Or do people have to squint to see it...?
        Something to think about...
            But that's just me!
       

            


No comments:

Post a Comment