Tuesday, June 11, 2024

A Place For You

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  1 Corinthians 2:9

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you."  Words of Jesus, John 14:2

The night before my 8th birthday, my mom told me that I would be sleeping with her and dad because they had a big surprise for me.  I was so excited!  I couldn't wait to see what they had done for me!  (It was very hard to go to sleep that night!)  As soon as I woke up the next morning, I made a dash to my bedroom, and stopped in the doorway.  I slowly walked into the middle of my bedroom, and slowly began to turn round so I could see everything my parents had given me for my special day.  My eyes gazed upon a new headboard for my bed and a pretty new bedspread.  Then I saw a new nightstand, dresser and dressing table.  And on the floor were two brand new pink throw rugs.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  My parents must have been up most of the night preparing my new room for me!  It was beautiful!

The bible tells us a lot about what heaven will be like, jasper walls, streets of gold, but we will also have our own 'place.'  Jesus Himself tells us that.

I try to imagine what He is preparing just for me.  He's been working on it for a very long time now.

Keith Green once wrote, "Seaside sunset, silver linings round the clouds, birds fly, singing, making such a joyful sound!  Thoughts of heaven somehow seem to fill my mind, But I can't even imagine, what it is I'm gonna find.  I can't wait to get to Heaven, when you'll wipe away all my fears, in six days You created everything, but You've been working on Heaven two thousand years!  Deep green forests, mountains reaching for the sky, grasslands and deserts, Your creation fills my eye!  Thank you, thank you Jesus, though this beauty is just a taste, of all Your glory, I'll see when I pass through those gates!"

But the best part of Heaven...
    will be because we will finally be in the presence...
         of our Precious Saviour...
            and that is what makes Heaven Beautiful...
                But that's just me!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment