Thursday, May 30, 2024

From Pleas to Praise

Psalm 22:11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
Psalm 22:19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

I read this entire Psalm the other day, and I saw a beautiful picture begin to form.
The longer David prayed; his plea's turned to praise.
"I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee."
Verse 22

We don't know exactly where David was during this time, but we do know that his enemies had surrounded him, and he felt separated from God.
But the longer David prayed, the more he remembered The One he was praying to.  David remembered His Holiness and His faithfulness towards him and then things didn't seem so bad.
He also remembered God's faithfulness to him in the past.  Not only to him, but to his father's before him. They cried unto God, they trusted in God, and they were not confounded, but delivered.
David found hope in the fact that what God had done for his father’s, God would do for him. 

Our prayers may begin with pleas for help...
    But the longer we pray, we begin to focus on God rather than our problems...
      And pleas will turn to praise...
            But that's just me!
                
"The most valuable thing the Psalms do for me is to express the same delight in God which made David dance."
C.S. Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment