Monday, April 22, 2024

Sin Odor

"A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump."  Galatians 5:9

I walked into Papa Murphy's Pizza the other day expecting to smell mouth-watering pizza ingredients; the yeast kneaded in the dough, the slice of onions and garlic, tangy marinara sauce.
Instead, I smelled the man standing in line in front of me.  Body odor permeated the entire pizza place.
Instead of mouthwatering pizza smells, my eyes began to water, and I wanted to gag.  
I'm not trying to be funny or disrespectful describing this encounter, I find it extremely sad.
It's amazing how one's own personal smell doesn't bother the person themself.  What seems offensive to others does not seem to bother them at all.  It goes unnoticed.
Walking out to my car, with pizza in hand, I heard a Still Small Voice whisper in my ear:
"You Stink."
You see, the Lord reminded me that, although I may not have body-odor, I emanated a sin odor, and it works the same way.  Often times, I don't seem bothered by it myself, (have I grown too use to my sin-odor?) and yet it affects others.  
My unconfessed sin, secret faults and presumptuous sins stink.
I may not notice it, but my Saviour does, and so do those around me.

Do I make my Saviour's eye's water and cause Him to gag because of sin in my life? (Rev 3:16)

It only takes a little sin...
    to stink...
        But that's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment